Why not teach the value of giving?
Over the years, Cancer Council has enjoyed fantastic support from schools, universities, TAFE, and other educational institutions all over Australia.
This year, why not get your institution involved? Whether for students, teachers (or both!), it can be lots of fun and a great way to bring everyone together.
Where do you start? Here are a few tips:
- Talk to the people in charge of where you work.
- Make sure they are behind the event - and are keen to promote it internally.Set up an Online Fundraising Page (link) - and use this to promote all the details of your event so people can find out more. This is particularly handy if you need to make changes to your event at any time.
- For primary and secondary schools, send a newsletter to parents to let them know about the event - and invite them along.
Make it great! A few handy fundraising tips:
- Set a theme for your event to make it lots of fun, and increase involvement.
- Invite everyone to bring food - including students and teachers. Award prizes in different categories for the best morning tea.
- Host a raffle and seek donations from local businesses or families at your school or educational institution.
Keen to host an event?